In this webinar, presented live on October 19, 2022, we learned more about the best practices for decreasing air contaminates and improving air quality in your community.
View the workshop recording:
View the PDF and additional materials:
- Current and forecast air quality conditions
- MPCA Current Air Quality Conditions and Forecast
- Download the AQI App
- Follow them on Twitter for frequent updates
- Environmental Justice and Air Pollution
- MPCA Areas of Environmental Justice Concern map - including MPCA Air Pollution Scores
- EPA EJScreen: Environmental Justice Screening and Mapping Tool
- Air Quality and Health
- St. Louis Park
- Technical and Financial Assistance
Best Practice Actions related to this topic:
- 23.1 - Replace small internal combustion engine lawn and garden equipment (e.g. lawnmowers, weed whips, etc.) with lower polluting equipment.
- 23.2 - Reduce residential burning of wood and yard waste and eliminate ‘backyard’ trash burning.
- 23.3 - Decrease air emissions from vehicle idling, business trucking, and pollutants/noise from stationary engines/back-up generators.
- 23.5 - Install, assist with and promote publicly available EV charging stations or public fueling stations for alternative fuel vehicles.
Register for upcoming GreenStep Cities and Tribal Nations workshops here. You do not need to be a GreenStep community to attend.
Visit the GreenStep Cities and Tribal Nations program website at www.mngreenstep.org.