In this webinar, presented live on January 19, 2022, we learned all about the Buildings, Benchmarks, and Beyond (B3) program.
9:00am - Welcome and Introductions
9:15am - B3 Benchmarking overview - Cheri Schneider, Willdan
|9:40am - Using B3 Benchmarking to track 12 buildings - Noelle Bakken, City of Roseville
9:55am - B3 automation support for Xcel Energy and CenterPoint Energy territories - Leo Ndiaye, GreenCorps member with Center for Sustainable Building Research
10:05am - B3 Guidelines, SB2030 Energy Standard, Energy Efficient Operations, and Post-Occupancy Evaluations overviews - Pat Smith, Center for Sustainable Building Research
10:30am - Using B3 Design and SB 2030 Energy Standard for new construction - Gail Hedstrom, Fergus Falls Library
10:45am - Q&A and open discussion
11:00am - Close
View the workshop recording:
View the slides and additional materials:
- “Overview” video
- Best of B3 Recognition
- Network of Programs:
- Use B3 Guidelines on new buildings or renovations to meet sustainability goals for site, water, energy, indoor environment, materials and waste.
- Training for B3 Guidelines - on-demand online.
- The B3 Case Studies Database provides design and performance information on projects using the B3 Guidelines and the SB 2030 Energy Standard. Each project case study includes a Scorecard with several performance metrics including energy, carbon, water, stormwater, and waste. The case study also includes an SB 2030 Label indicating the projects Energy Use Intensity (EUI) during design and actual performance.
- SB 2030 Energy Standard:
- Use the B3 Sustainable Building 2030 (SB 2030) Energy Standard to meet energy use goals only. If the B3 Guidelines are used, the SB 2030 Energy Standard is automatically included in the process.
- Fergus Fall Public Library
- Use B3 Benchmarking to track and compare energy use on existing buildings. The B3 Guidelines and SB 2030 Energy Standard direct the user to the B3 Benchmarking tool.
- A really quick overview video about Benchmarking with B3 (CERTs)
- How To Videos
- B3 Data Analysis Steps
- CERTs Benchmarking page
- GreenStep Cities Green Team Work Plan 2020 - BP Action 1.1: Benchmarking Your Buildings
- Cities Reports
- Contact Leo Ndiaye for more information about B3 Benchmarking assistance with correcting errors and analyzing data or automation for Xcel and CenterPoint bills.
B3 Energy Efficient Operations:
- Use B3 Energy Efficient Operations to minimize energy use during building operations. This program can be applied to any existing building.
B3 Post Occupancy Evaluation:
- Use B3 Post Occupancy Evaluation (POE) to determine occupants’ perceptions of the buildings’ indoor environmental quality. The POE survey is required for B3 buildings.
Best Practice Actions related to this topic:
1.1 Enter/update building information into the MN B3 Benchmarking database, and routinely enter monthly usage data for all city-owned buildings/infrastructure that consume energy/water.
1.2 Make no/low cost indoor lighting and operational changes in city-owned/school buildings to reduce energy costs.
1.3 Invest in larger energy efficiency projects through performance contracting or other funding or through smaller retro-commissioning/ retrofit projects in city-owned/school buildings.
1.5 Document that the new construction or major remodeling of a public building has met the SB 2030 energy standard or has met or qualified under a green building or energy framework.
1.6 Improve the operations & maintenance of city-owned/school buildings and leased buildings by using a customized online energy efficiency tool, asset management tool, green building framework or green lease.
20.1 Compare the energy use and financial performance of your facilities with other peer facilities using standardized, free tools.
Post a Comment